- presents 10 days of live music each July/August
- typically features over 500 musicians and over 80 events in 12 venues
- presents free gigs – lots of them!
- stages concerts round the clock, day and night, indoors and out
- champions our regional jazz artists
- brings the best contemporary jazz to Manchester from the region, the UK and abroad
- presents mostly new and original material, with premières and international debuts
- focuses on musical innovation
- encourages multiple genres of contemporary jazz and breaks down musical boundaries
- commissions new work from talented regional artists with our unique mjf originals scheme
- profiles young regional jazz talent with mjf introduces
- joins forces with Manchester’s leading music venues and promoters: RNCM, Band on the Wall and Matt & Phred’s
- works with partners including The Midland Hotel; BBC Radio 3; Instituto Cervantes and other Cultural Embassies
mjf welcomes thousands of visitors to the Festival site in Albert Square alone, with hundreds more listeners at the various other concerts and venues throughout the festival. In 2017, mjf celebrates its 22nd festival.
The mjf team:
Steve Mead Artistic Director / EJ Trivett Director of Development & Operations/ Kathryn Wolstencroft Marketing Manager / Mick Waterfield Festival Sites Director / Maddy Hunter Programme Coordinator / Josh Babcock Marketing and Communications Coordinator
mjf is a PRS for Music Foundation Talent Development Partner.
mjf is a founder member of the Jazz Promotion Network and a member of the Europe Jazz Network.
mjf is a not-for-profit registered charity No. 1130000.
mjf is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England, No. 4670534. VAT No. 1 95 0334 09.
Registered office: Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD.