St Ann’s Church in Manchester was consecrated in 1712. Although named after St Anne, it also pays tribute to the patron of the church, Ann, Lady Bland. This 18th century church contains a painting from the School of Caracci, stained glass by W Peckitt of York and is the third oldest building in Manchester city-centre. The architect was John Barker and the church is built in the Renaissance style, typical of Sir Christopher Wren. It features original wrought iron work by Robert Bakewell. Also original is the 1712 pulpit, altar and font. The church was restored between 1887-89.
Regular recitals and concerts are held by the students of RNCM most weeks, with special festivals of music. The organ was restored in 1996 and recitals are held every Tue at 12.45 except August and December.
Check out mjf events in St Ann’s Church: